Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Night in Urgent Care

The night was finally here! The one Joel and I had been talking about every day for a month straight. Although the kids costumes had been almost worn to shreds already, for them, putting them on again Halloween night was such a thrill! Hair was curled, glitter sprinkled and Iron Man was fully armored. To top off the utter childhood bliss, COUSINS were here too!!!



The night had some greatly anticipated plans for many of us, including myself. I couldn't wait to see Avery really enjoying her Rapunzel dress feeling like a princess, and of course watching Joel in all his 4 year old glory, psyched out of his mind to go trick-or-treating. I knew early on that Gracey would be in warm cozy clothes that night instead of wearing her ADORABLE little Cinderella gown (as she had been sick for a few days before), but she is still too young to get the Halloween excitement anyway. 


As October 31 approached, I became more excited as I imagined myself trailing behind "the kids in character" with Gracey snug in the wagon, as I sipped on some hot apple cider. We knew that Mark couldn't join the fun this Halloween because of the evening class he is taking, which was fine since Halloween to us really isn't that big of a deal. Thankfully though, I had my cousin Sandra and my parents here to help me make the night happen and share in these sweet memories. 

To make a long story short, and sad in a way, I ended up missing it all. Gracey's breathing quickly became worse and I knew she couldn't wait to be seen until the morning. So after I dolled up Avery girl and Joel was feeling awesome in his Iron Man suit, I loaded them up in the car and waved them good by. After all of that, I didn't get to see them in action. I was sad. All I really wanted was for them to have a blast with their cousins, but truthfully, I wanted to be there watching. 

Well, as moms with sick babies do, I took a deep breath and pulled it together. Gracelyn needed her mommy and I wasn't going to miss that. Not a chance in heck! The poor thing looked so pitiful and I could hear her breathing from the other room. So off to urgent care we went, where she ended up needing a steroid injection in the tush an inhaler for those little lungs. By the time we got back the trick-or-treaters were home safe and sound, bathed and ready for bed. 

All in all the night was great. The kids had the time of their lives and my baby got what she needed. My family stepped up and supported us when we needed them most, and I am so very grateful for them. God protected my children's eyes from the spooky evil bits of Halloween, which can be a challenge, but I prayed a lot. So thank you Lord for a wonderful night with family making memories :)


Update:
One week after another for 3 weeks, Joel, then Avery, then Gracelyn where sick. As of today (Nov. 5th), I can now say that EVERYONE IS WELL! Praise the Lord!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!