Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just a Quick Tip

A big THANK YOU is in order to my sweet friend Lisa. She told me the easiest way to make your own colored macaroni/rice etc. for kid crafts! It could be that I'm the last to find out this fun DIY trick, but whatev ;)  I'm just glad I could add it to my little bag tricks :) Hopefully you'll appreciate it too!

Ingredients:
    1gal  Zip lock bag
 Hand Sanitizer
Food coloring
   Uncooked Pasta 


Directions:
Pour pasta (1lb box) into Zip lock bag. Add a healthy squirt of food coloring, and a couple squirts of hand sanitizer. Then shake shake shake (fun for the kids to help with). After pasta is evenly covered and you like the color (add more food coloring for darker color), lay pasta on lined cookie sheet to dry.

And there you have it...  
Fun, Cheap and Easy! Some of my favorite words :)






***Toddler activity during "Red Week": 
Fill large bowl with RED macaroni. Mix in a bunch of small objects and have him/her spend as much time needed to find everything hidden. Talk to your child about each object as it's found (ex. did you find a blue ball, wow pretty pink bow, two round buttons...) After a few times, before they pull the object out, see if they can identify it by touch only. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!